Thursday, November 06, 2008

Land of midnight sun!

Land of midnight sun - yeah these were the words which drew my attention even when I was a school going girl. There was a sort of fascination attached to these 4 words - maybe because it appeared to me to be something different from what I saw daily - yes Daily I saw sunrise in the morning and by evening sun was all gone. My little head always questioned - How would a night look with sun and day without sun!!!!!!!!.

Well by the time I reached 9th standard, I understood the whole theory in my geography class but still something undiscovered seemed to be left somewhere in my mind. I was just curious to feel that place - place known as land of midnight sun , known by Norway on the map.


Anyone who used to ask me name two places in the world you would love to go if given a chance, my instant reply to this was always - Norway and New Zealand , hey is there some mystry in the alphabet N ? - Well God alone knows but yes 5 number fascinates me, my husband is also number 5.

My husband happened to visit Norway last year, it was an official visit so I could not accompany him but am looking forward to it in future. Guess what his description of Norway tells - that it is more beautiful than I thought. Nature is mesmerising when it is calm - well no doubt regarding it. I had uploaded few photographs of this beautiful place --enjoy the beauty of God's creation, enjoy nature in one of its charismatic forms.--- The one uploaded in this post -- hey this snap is not of a statue but a living man. On Norway roads you will come across lot of people in this get up who ask / collect money.

No comments: